Liquid Corid dose for chicks?

Question - for baby chicks how long do you treat? I have some that are 12-16 days old and one has a bloody stool.

Attachments

• A41BDA94-6ACF-4FC7-9FAB-D699DBDE47F5.jpeg
    A41BDA94-6ACF-4FC7-9FAB-D699DBDE47F5.jpeg
    724.8 KB · Views: 41
Question - for baby chicks how long do you treat? I have some that are 12-16 days old and one has a bloody stool.
Use this:
Treatment20% Powder9.6% Liquid
For 3-5 days1.5 teaspoons per gallon2 teaspoons per gallon
then for 7-14 days1/3 teaspoon per gallon1/2 teaspoon per gallon

Should all chicks be dosed as preventative measure? I Quarantined the sick one as soon as I recognize that it wasn’t acting right. Just wondering if y’all can advise me on this. Ty

Hi Kathy I no this is an old post but any information would help so much.i have grown turkeys and baby turkeys around 7 weeks old they have been dying I took them to the Vet he said I looked like respiratory he gave me an antibiotic I've been using thos for 5 days and no luck.someone said they have some kinda disease called ??? I can't spell it lol but it starts with a C.they said to give them Corid I have Corid but idk how much to give them 2 are very sick I've done lost 4 babies and 2 grown hens.HELP PLS

The dose on the liquid is 9.6 ml's, or 2 teaspoons to make it easy, per gallon. So for a quart you would use 2.5 ml's, or half a teaspoon.

They are not to young to treat and if you are seeing lethargy and bloody poop you are wise to treat right away.
How much would you put in a 20oz bottle??

How much would you put in a 20oz bottle??
Welcome To BYC
Mix up a quart at a time and just fill your bottle with that.
For a quart, liquid Corid would be 1/2 teaspoon to 1 quart water.

OR you could just make a whole gallon (2tsp Liquid Corid to 1 gallon water) and fill up you bottle from that. Store the mixed solution in a cool place for up to 2 days.

Back
Top Bottom