Little Giant Incubation Experiment - Day 21 - Hatch Day!

Which model Little Giant do you prefer?

• Model 9200 (Manual controls)

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • Model 9300 (Digital controls)

Votes: 30 55.6%

• Total voters

So I have a question. Where do I place the thermometer in the incubator on lockdown. Do I still need it at the top of the egg? Or can it sit underneath the heater or does it need to be next to the furthest egg from the heater?

So I have a question. Where do I place the thermometer in the incubator on lockdown. Do I still need it at the top of the egg? Or can it sit underneath the heater or does it need to be next to the furthest egg from the heater?

I had mine off to the side of the eggs.

I had to open it back up and do a little extra helping even after I chipped. But after that I still have two lavender eggs left with no signs of pip. Hope they are alive in there. Hard to tell from the candling. But that thread says they can take up to 25 days to hatch. Ugh

You are talking about the probe thingy in the 9300??

I had to open it back up and do a little extra helping even after I chipped. But after that I still have two lavender eggs left with no signs of pip. Hope they are alive in there. Hard to tell from the candling. But that thread says they can take up to 25 days to hatch. Ugh
I have concluded this: If you have no hatchers, wait because they can be late. They could start hatching day 23/24. (I don't hold out much hope after 23, especially after having my day 24 boy. Love him I do, but he is special needs because of the delay and will never be able to go to the coop with the others or be used as a breeder.) But if your hatch starts early or on time and you still have eggs left after they've all hatched (with no internal pips). Chances are, you're not going to see anything out of the rest. (Nothing i s impossible, but I think it's a slight chance.) Most hatches (unless there have been extreme temp differences throughout the bator,) are complete in 48 hours after the first hatch
No Pips yet but it has not even been 24 hrs yet. So.....impatiently waiting! LoL!!!!!
Still
fl.gif

Last edited:
I had mine off to the side of the eggs.
And your temp was regulated? The LG thermo has to stay close the heater to keep temp regulated. My Incutherm was reading 106 on the outer edge because the LG Therm said 98 and the heater was overworking. I just want to make sure the eggs are not being cooked and the chicks are not tripping on all the wires in there! LoL!!!

Back
Top Bottom