Living life on the edge (of the incubator) hatch-a-long

Pics
Yes. Sophie I got 20+ years ago when she was just 6 mos old. Julio is a rescue with issues we didn't know about when we adopted him. We've had him about 8 years I think. They don't get along so both have their own huge cage behind me in my office. They watch me type all day lol. They can see me outside as there's two windows in here, and that's when they scream.

Sophie was going "Oh, so pretty," at the chicks in the brooder last night. I kept trying to teach her, "What's a baby chick say?" (Peep peep). And she kept replying "Meow."
Oh how wonderful you rescued Julio, these birds need special care and love! Sophie sounds adorable. 😊 I just love parrots! I considered keeping Macaws a couple decades ago but they live SO long and I don't want my babies to outlive me. So I settled on Lovebirds and Cockateils, Lovebirds are SUCH a delight to keep!

Yes. Sophie I got 20+ years ago when she was just 6 mos old. Julio is a rescue with issues we didn't know about when we adopted him. We've had him about 8 years I think. They don't get along so both have their own huge cage behind me in my office. They watch me type all day lol. They can see me outside as there's two windows in here, and that's when they scream.

Sophie was going "Oh, so pretty," at the chicks in the brooder last night. I kept trying to teach her, "What's a baby chick say?" (Peep peep). And she kept replying "Meow."
Awe, Sophie sounds adorable, talking to the chicks 🥰

They are a big commitment, I can't make that right now, the chickens have me busy enough. But I love seeing and hearing about parrots, they are so amazing!

I moved all the eggs from the NR360 into the Brinsea tonight, took a quick peak as some were questionable the other day. This hatch is struggling, I am sorry to say I pulled 7 quitters 😕

Everyone in the NR360 quit except Zip the Zippy Chick @pipdzipdnreadytogo and Steve @TheDawg and 4 silkie eggs from my flock :barnie

The ones who crossed the rainbow Bridge are:
Godzilla Kong @ElfenLied89
Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows
Charlotte/ Charlie @GreenJay

I must admit I am bummed 🥺 the quitters are from my flock and I did change their feed to an organic all flock the end of November so I'm thinking I need to go back to what they were on previously. I'm sorry guys 🥺 not a good news post.

I moved all the eggs from the NR360 into the Brinsea tonight, took a quick peak as some were questionable the other day. This hatch is struggling, I am sorry to say I pulled 7 quitters 😕

Everyone in the NR360 quit except Zip the Zippy Chick @pipdzipdnreadytogo and Steve @TheDawg and 4 silkie eggs from my flock :barnie

The ones who crossed the rainbow Bridge are:
Godzilla Kong @ElfenLied89
Mothra @QueenofKings
Titan @TwoCrows
Charlotte/ Charlie @GreenJay

I must admit I am bummed 🥺 the quitters are from my flock and I did change their feed to an organic all flock the end of November so I'm thinking I need to go back to what they were on previously. I'm sorry guys 🥺 not a good news post.
Aww, I’m very sorry ☹️
RIP little birdies.

Back
Top Bottom