Long Time Lurker becomes First Time Poster!

lilbuu

In the Brooder
May 12, 2023
1) Are you new to chickens ducks / when did you first get chickens ducks?
•Fairly new! I got my first wee 'ling the beginning of June 2022, so nearly hitting that first anniversary!

(2) How many chickens ducks do you have right now?

•I now have three, though I'm always gawking at ads for more(I need to be a good girl though)

(3) What breeds do you have?

•I have one mallard, one barnyard mix(who was supposed to be a magpie but what can you do?) and one little runner who still has her down

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens ducks?

•GOD I love their personalities! Each of them are so different and are so fun to interact with!
Sammy, my wee mallard likes to act all proper and thinks she's the highlight of her breed, Ella the magpie-mix is just a clumsy glutton and will (literally) fall over you, herself, the air and flat land to reach food. Lastly we have Gypsy our wee runner, who believes whats hers is hers and whats yours is also hers and has taught the dogs this well.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

•I'm a gamer and an artist, and I'm trying to get back into reading with Anthony C Yu's Journey To The West Revised

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

•I live with my mam(who has tried 3 times now to say no ducks), and my dog Bear, who is definitely below the ducks in the pecking order but its okay cause they play chase with him!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

•I found BYC through the duck treat list when I got my first baby, and after so long of wanting to share I finally registered and will be flooding the forums soon!

Introducing Sammy;

IMG_20221212_213731.jpg
IMG_20220818_183350.jpg

And Ella;

IMG_20221212_214246.jpg
IMG_20220803_225843.jpg

And Gypsy feat Bear;

IMG_20230430_152755.jpg
Snapchat-1684862627.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220712_010427.jpg
    IMG_20220712_010427.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 4
•Fairly new! I got my first wee 'ling the beginning of June 2022, so nearly hitting that first anniversary!

•I now have three, though I'm always gawking at ads for more(I need to be a good girl though)

•I have one mallard, one barnyard mix(who was supposed to be a magpie but what can you do?) and one little runner who still has her down

•GOD I love their personalities! Each of them are so different and are so fun to interact with!
Sammy, my wee mallard likes to act all proper and thinks she's the highlight of her breed, Ella the magpie-mix is just a clumsy glutton and will (literally) fall over you, herself, the air and flat land to reach food. Lastly we have Gypsy our wee runner, who believes whats hers is hers and whats yours is also hers and has taught the dogs this well.

•I'm a gamer and an artist, and I'm trying to get back into reading with Anthony C Yu's Journey To The West Revised

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
•I live with my mam(who has tried 3 times now to say no ducks), and my dog Bear, who is definitely below the ducks in the pecking order but its okay cause they play chase with him!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
•I found BYC through the duck treat list when I got my first baby, and after so long of wanting to share I finally registered and will be flooding the forums soon!

Introducing Sammy;

View attachment 3502534View attachment 3502537

And Ella;

View attachment 3502533View attachment 3502531

And Gypsy feat Bear;

View attachment 3502532View attachment 3502535
Welcome to BYC!! Cute pics!

Introducing Sammy;

View attachment 3502534View attachment 3502537

And Ella;

View attachment 3502533View attachment 3502531

And Gypsy feat Bear;

View attachment 3502532View attachment 3502535
ok first of all I must say how much I love love love your duck pictures especially the cuddle! and the way you describe their personalities ... hilarious. I understand, Im a duck momma myself. Welcome to BYC, we are glad you joined!

Back
Top Bottom