Look at my baby, then tell me about yours!

View attachment 3805250
I just wanted to show off this super sweet SS pullet. This is only my second batch of chicks (1 batch of 4, they’re 2 years and this spring another batch of 4). Our first are mostly friendly, but not super affectionate (I didn’t expect them to be). But this little girl is SO sweet, she always lets me and my husband scoop her up, smooch her head, and put her down. Her siblings squawk a bit when handled as usual but not her. This afternoon I opened up their run to check on them as they are newly outdoors, and she just ran right up my arm and stuck around on my shoulder. She hung out with me for a bit, and then realized she missed her siblings I suppose and started chirping so I put her back. She is just so cute.

Wondering if anyone else has stories or photos of their exceptionally friendly/affectionate birds? I love all my birds, but it is special to have one that seems to enjoy my company as well!
I had always wanted an Orpington, as I’d heard they were a very docile breed. I could never find any in stock near me, but then my aunt Rose, who works at a daycare, decided to do a chicken hatching experiment for her class. Unfortunately, a runty looking black and white chick, along with an Americana, both ended up getting sick and dying. But, if I know my combs and feather types, I believe I have, from that batch and my broody hens(they only had one chick between them, it was their first time),

3 Plymouth Barred Rock, 2 Roos one hen

5 Rhode Island Red, one rooster 4 hens

2 white leghorn, both presumably hens

And, at last, I think I’ve got a breeding pair of Buff Orpingtons!

I had always wanted an Orpington, as I’d heard they were a very docile breed. I could never find any in stock near me, but then my aunt Rose, who works at a daycare, decided to do a chicken hatching experiment for her class. Unfortunately, a runty looking black and white chick, along with an Americana, both ended up getting sick and dying. But, if I know my combs and feather types, I believe I have, from that batch and my broody hens(they only had one chick between them, it was their first time),

Old picture of one, they are 4 or 5 weeks old now.

Attachments

• 357DFA50-4D32-4D95-9D4A-2E0076B6120C.jpeg
    357DFA50-4D32-4D95-9D4A-2E0076B6120C.jpeg
    402.9 KB · Views: 4
These are my wonderful silly buff Orpington the hen is big bird and the Roo is falcon they are so sweet and mellow. I didn’t think a rooster could be this sweet after hearing about everyone’s mean Roos but he is an absolute gentleman(except when his lady is napping and he steps on her). My hen is so sweet she will hop on my shoulder and just sit.🙂
I love it! I have a Buff Orpington hen and roo as well! My hen is sweet and sassy (bit of an ankle biter at times but only when I’m wearing certain shoes), and my roo is an absolute angel baby!!! I totally share your feelings I think they make the best Roos!! Yours are adorable! 😍

I have a Polish / Padovana who is the chattiest more sociable little thing. Loves sitting on my shoulder, helps me in the garden by eating slugs since I can always pick her up and thus trust her around the veggie beds, jumps to sit in my lap and likes being stroked. She's fantastic! It's so fun to have one so interactive ❤️

View attachment 3878955

View attachment 3878956
How fun is she!! Gorgeous hen! I do love when they seem as interested in our lives as we are in theirs. 🤣❤️

Woohoo!!! :wee

I love it! I have a Buff Orpington hen and roo as well! My hen is sweet and sassy (bit of an ankle biter at times but only when I’m wearing certain shoes), and my roo is an absolute angel baby!!! I totally share your feelings I think they make the best Roos!! Yours are adorable! 😍
It’s super sad I have to give him baby’s away because I live in a residential area and he’s a roo😢

Back
Top Bottom