Sponsored Post Looking for a way to get fresh water to your chickens?

Hi MB!

That is a very good question and one I don't have the answer for but I will.. The heater is 200 watts but has a internal thermostat so it is designed to cut off once the water reaches 41F Operating this way prevents the unnecessary expense of running it all the time.
I will contact the supplier and get an answer for you on total consumption..

Thanks
Frank

The PVC Pipe used is excellent quality. I don't think people with mild winters would have to worry about it freezing.

Um, its a great way to water and I would love to use it, but

is -40 mild? Its only for 2 monthes though !!!
hide.gif

Another Alaska girl here, I'd jump all over this if it works to -30, especially with a manual fill option. I am not above carrying water :) Just like to do it less often ;)

I really enjoyed testing this waterer. I was very surprised at how easy it was for the chickens/turkeys to learn to use it. It is so nice to not have to carry a 5 gallon waterer around anymore.

We have relatively mild winters, but do get snow and freezing temperatures. I look forward to seeing how it does through winter. But even if I have to shut it down and use regular waterers for a couple months, it's still worth it.

The hardest issue here is keeping the water cool in the summer, and this waterer works great at keeping it cool.

No worriies you do not need a dedicated hose for each unit. Many people have multiple units and connect them together by using a "y" connection. These connectors are available at your local Lowe's or Home Depot and cost about $5.00. You simply run the hose from the spigot to the first unit, connect the "y" splitter and then run a hose from there to the second unit, and so on...

Hope this fully answers your question, if not feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your interest in our product!

Regards
Frank

For people with harsh winters this wouldn't really work but I liked the idea so much I'm in the process of creating a winter capatable nipple waterer using PVC pipe and a 5 gallon bucket . I'll post it sometime this week

I have to say, if I could have nothing else for my chickens, it would be the Chicken Fountain. It has been so wonderful! The owner is very helpful and the product ensures that my chickens have fresh water all the time. Also, being able to add my apple cider vinegar straight into the unit is a major plus!

My company is Talking Chicken Scratch and we did a review as well! We LOVE the Chicken Fountain!

http://www.talkingchickenscratch.com/Blog.html?entry=talking-with-the-chicken-fountain

Back
Top Bottom