Looking for best and easiest way to clean and sanitize my coop?

anzachickenmom

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Good Morning and Happy Memorial Day! I need to move my 10 week old chicks into the coop. I have 2 roosters that have been in there since Oct. In my coop I have an enclosed room where the nest boxes and some roosts are located. I lock the boys in there at night to protect from predators. The walls are wood and metal ceiling. The floor is dirt with straw for poop and insulation. I want to clean/sanitize it out to help prevent any problems(germs,mites, etc.) for the new arrivals. I rake the poop out weekly and try to scrap as much poop off of roosts as possible. I thought about using a power washer but that would just make the floor muddy and would take a long time to dry. I need to be able to do this in a day. Any suggestions.? Thank you very much
smile.png
P.S. I do plan to keep the roosters in the enclosure I built outside the room until the chicks are old and safe enough to be around the roosters.

I have my chickens inside a barn and they way I have been cleaning it out is either putting a trailer up to their chicken door or getting a trashcan in the coop and shoveling the shavings into there. A way to clean their walls, roosts, feeder, waterer, and any other item is a simple bleach water mixture and an old scrub brush.

Back
Top Bottom