Reebz

Chirping
Jun 2, 2020
Hey guys! Hope you’ve all been well and had great Xmas/New Years! Now is my fave time of year because of EMUUU season! Yay! :yesss:

Does anyone have any recommendations for some LOW-BUDGET incubators (around £250 max!) as much as I drool over the Brinsea Ova-Easy’s, £700+ is maybe a lil bit too rich for me at the moment! :lol: …anyone had any experience with any reptile incubators (such as the Exo-Terra Precision, etc?) edit: I currently have a Brinsea Ovation Advance, which although is fantastic, is frustratingly just too small height-wise for Emu eggs!

In regards to dimensions, I am only looking to try my luck this year with a couple of eggs, so wouldn’t need any more space than to fit 2 eggs.

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you all sooo much! 🥰

Ha! Incubators are so easy to make that I'm surprised anyone buys those crazy expensive units. I have hatched 3 emus and 2 ostriches(100% success hatching ostrich which is very hard to do) on an incubator made with a cooler, digital temp controller, and salt based desiccant (50/50 magnesium chloride and potassium acetate slurry). Holds exact humidity and temp within +/-0.5°f no problem. A 50w ceramic heater/fan combo connected to the temp controller will do most sizes of coolers. I can add pics if you want.

Back
Top Bottom