Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

I've reported how many chicks I've hatched on the link in post #1.

HAVE YOU!?!?!

An incubator for someone depends upon you reporting how many chicks you hatched! Git R dun!

I'm sorry for those who have had poor hatches. I'm worried about the poor injured chick. You've gotten good advice. I really hope she makes a full recovery. I've only had one chick hatch with a bad leg, and it didn't have a good outcome, so I don't feel optimistic. I hope you can change that for me.

Note to self: Never join a hatch where you are 3 days behind the rest. It's been sooooooo trying to watch your guys' chicks pop out right and left, and see mine do...... nothing. Which is exactly what they OUGHT to be doing!! When I joined, I didn't really realize that everyone would be hatching Saturday, not Sunday.

My chicks are due to hatch Tuesday. I hope they're quick enough about it that I can turn my numbers in on time.

Well it seems the two silkies legs are messed up. My dad said he doesn't think they will make it. I just walked in the door. They seem to be splayed I guess. I have no idea. Im going to take some pictures and show you all so if you have any advice I need it!! They just can't get up.

I had a third AM hatch while I was gone. So theres 5 babies in there out of 62. Guess those silkie eggs just aren't good.

TOTAL OF HATCH = 24 CHICKS

CANDLED THE LAST 10 AND THEY WERE DEAD....CRACKED THEM OPEN AND PROBABLY DIED SOMEWHERE THE SECOND WEEK I COULDN'T TELL ON LAST CANDLE SINCE THEY WERE DARK SHELL EGGS...O WELL......THIS HATCH ENDED 1 DAY EARLY...........CONGRATS EVERYONE ON YOUR HATCHING TOMORROW CAUSE MINE IS DONE......24 "MUTTS".......
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

two small miracles here. One Marans and one Ameraucana hatched! These were eggs that had a rough trip, and most got tossed before lockdown. The Marans is making a lot of noise (like it may be in distress) so I hope it pulls through.
Now 18 of 30 that went to lockdown.

This is the third hatch in a row that I've hatched out a crippled RIR. I'm not liking it at all. I still have chicks hatching and I still have a lot of pips. I think I'll be hatching through tomorrow and the next day if they don't hurry up.

Back
Top Bottom