Maine

the big dog are pics are of my dog Bessy-Boo
ridgeback and shepard mix from the coastal humane center, she was going into the ovens in alabama when they pulled her out and put her with all the other dogs they brought up 3 yrs ago,

the little dog is my long time G?F's its a purebred who is 10 and just learned how to be a country DOG and not a fluff-pillow-ornimate
G?F almost passed out the day she came home and saw her little princess eating a REAL dog bone,,,,Grrrrr don't take my bone momma,,GRRRR,,, her Name is Maggie, a carin? terrier
she doesn't like the chickens but tolerates them, as they drop stinky stuff on her patio,
bessy does what real dogs do and cleans it up,,OMG gross,,so dang gross momma come get kisses,,yeck

Oh ya my G?F is a city girl now out in the country,, that there is another funny story

Welcome John. Always nice to know someone close by. I'm over in Limington and spend a nice chunk of my paycheck at Longhorn.

Yes, I'm interested in a couple, come spring,

Congrats on the puppy.
1f604.png

If anyone else is looking or interested in fostering please consider Big Fluffy. We are in desperate need of foster homes.

Thanks, Widget!  I knew that if anyone had a lead on a dog, it would be you! [COLOR=333333]  I drove almost 2 hours at 5 AM this morning to stand for over an hour and a half in the freezing cold so I could be in line to adopt a puppy from a shelter at the southern end of my state.  Then, I had to wait 3 hours till the shelter finally opened up so I could pick her out.  She's a Jack Russell/mix.  I think she has some hound in her.  She just about made my ears bleed when we started driving home.  There was some baying mixed in with the yipping.  From all I'm seeing, she's going to be an awesome dog, and very easy to train.  I hope she'll be a safe presence around my chickens to help deter hawks.  [/COLOR]

I found someone who will pick up chicks for me.
1f604.png
. I will be placing an order this week for March or April delivery. Still room on the order for more if anyone is interested. It will be from Cackle. And perhaps Holderreads for some ducks.

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

widget I'm looking to get 2 light brahmas, 1 dark Brahma,
1 black jersey Giant
and 2 easter eggers

i know i can order from standish hardware, whats your thoughts on what your ordering?

looking for 1 roo in Brahma

I'm ordering from Cackle and they require 5 of each breed. I do like the Bramhas. And EE are always nice. I have a nice looking EE too right now. No experience with the Jersey Giants. I am ordering Salmon Faverolles and Welsummers along with some Silkies. You can also order from Longhorn. They should have their order sheets up soon.

widget I'm looking to get 2 light brahmas, 1 dark Brahma,
1 black jersey Giant
and 2 easter eggers

i know i can order from standish hardware, whats your thoughts on what your ordering?

looking for 1 roo in Brahma

I'm ordering from Cackle and they require 5 of each breed. I do like the Bramhas. And EE are always nice. I have a nice looking EE too right now. No experience with the Jersey Giants. I am ordering Salmon Faverolles and Welsummers along with some Silkies. You can also order from Longhorn. They should have their order sheets up soon.

yup talked to them last week, the guy behind the counter is funny, and full of info for a wing nut like me,

Does anyone know where I can get some young ducklings asap? I have a day-old Mallard single hatchling that needs some company desperately. Willing to consider other breeds and will drive to pick up most anywhere in New England. Please let me know if you know of any options.

Thanks!

You may want to contact Al's Quackery and see if they have anything. Otherwise do you have a broody hen that you could slip the duckling under?

Will a chicken raise a duck?

This spring, I'm hoping to have a small hatch using a broody (not hatching ducks tho!). Hopefully, one of the hens will cooperate. I thought if I limited my hatch to a broody, I could avoid my usual temptation to cram 3 dozen eggs in the incubator, plus eliminate having a brooder in the house. I don't need more chickens, but I want to cross my GCM rooster with the darkest laying hens just to keep them going.

Crossbeak is headed down now. I will miss her. :(

Back
Top Bottom