Maine

Oh man! I waited all winter/spring for a hen to go broody... the minute I kill the rooster, there she goes! Hopefully the eggs will be fertile for a few more days.

And thanks LG for the response on the fermented-smelling feed. The store would not take it back (I didn't expect them to). It was in one of those tarp-like plastic bags. I had it on a pallet, but my guess is it still absorbed moisture the spring was so wet.

Oh man! I waited all winter/spring for a hen to go broody... the minute I kill the rooster, there she goes! Hopefully the eggs will be fertile for a few more days.

And thanks LG for the response on the fermented-smelling feed. The store would not take it back (I didn't expect them to). It was in one of those tarp-like plastic bags. I had it on a pallet, but my guess is it still absorbed moisture the spring was so wet.

You should have 2 weeks of fertility after his last breeding. Good luck with your hatch. I don't know where you are, but you can always import fertile eggs from an other flock. I've got some!

LOL - I meant, who needs some roosters? I hatched 38 eggs and more than half are roosters... Maran, Ameraucanas, Barred Rock, RIR... the list goes on. 8 weeks old and FREE for the taking.

Thanks, LG! I'm south of Portland, so a hike from you, but I will let you know. I'm going to candle these and see. :fl

Enggass... I didn't know what the "ahhh" was! Figured it was exasperation with roos! :)

Back
Top Bottom