March hatch along

Watched it, no pressure huh? Well I hope they make it still have a while to go about 8-10 days since silkies. Not sure where they will fit the egg is pretty small. Thanks for info

I candled and think I'm seeing things then the two blobs move separately. As you can see the egg is small so we'll see what happens. Day 11 today

Well no twins just one chick in the egg who died shortly after the pic, these are some of the worst shipped eggs. I went from having a 90% hatch to nearly all being clear or quitters what a bummer! Hope to have a few of each hatch okay and they are all girls. Ha ha hope anybody still out there has a better hatch happy hump day

Isn't that the way it works, boys boys and more boys. I went and picked up 5 blue laced red standouts and 4 were boys!! So far I have 4 early puppets so hope to get so
e good babies, sleepless night ahead

Hi guys! I hope everyone's hatches are going well.

Question: When will I be able to take my current set out of the turner without it being TOO soon? I want to give extra time out because of air cell issues but don't want to overdo it. Tuesday will be day 21.

***ALSO***

Any suggestions on separating eggs inside the bator to be able to keep chicks separate? I have brahmas hatching from two separate flocks and want to keep them straight. (Edit: LG styrofoam bator)

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Well carcar I have locked down on right before day 20 but just watch for pips or put in an egg carton at lockdown maybe, I have heard of people who do that. I locked down late day 18 and by morning they were already pipping. Now finishing up day 19 :weeeand all 10 have hatched and 2 more pips, but not a sound from americauna so I hope they just need 21 days. As for keeping track you would have to put something between the two types to keep sides separate because there is no way to stop those little boogers running around. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom