Medicated feed

MeeMoo

In the Brooder
Oct 6, 2024
I have some muscovy ducks and have been having trouble finding their normal feed at my local supplier. However they have medicated brolier feed. Will is affect my ducks, I have adults and some that are 3 months old

You could feed this temporarily, but I'd not do it long-term especially for your younger ones as at that age, their nutritional requirements are different from chickens. Your older ones it's probably fine for.

Can you give them some frozen peas or brewers yeast or something for the niacin they need?

You could feed this temporarily, but I'd not do it long-term especially for your younger ones as at that age, their nutritional requirements are different from chickens. Your older ones it's probably fine for.

Can you give them some frozen peas or brewers yeast or something for the niacin they need?
Thanks a lot, we don't get frozen peas this side but lots of corn and also atleast I have space for them to forage. But I like to always have enough feed for them in their trays

Thanks a lot, we don't get frozen peas this side but lots of corn and also atleast I have space for them to forage. But I like to always have enough feed for them in their trays
Can you get that feed unmedicated? I just read the amprolium in the medicated is going to be bad for them, mostly because they eat more than chicks do so they'll get more of it, which can cause them issues.

Back
Top Bottom