Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

A few days till Chickenstock. Seems like the smallest showing yet (even without the bird flu issue like last year). I asked a few old members but no luck there. I know a few that come every year that don't post, hope they do. I still have to get ready. So, guess Cindy and I will see ya'll that are coming...
It will be hard to tell who will be there. A flurry of people having to back out in the last few days... Brett and I will be there. I guess we can try to get the hot dogs from Wynette sometime before Saturday.

It will be hard to tell who will be there. A flurry of people having to back out in the last few days... Brett and I will be there. I guess we can try to get the hot dogs from Wynette sometime before Saturday.
I'll still bring the charcoal and fluid but someone else will need to grill those dogs! Wynette's hubby was the grill master. It's all good.

I'll still bring the charcoal and fluid but someone else will need to grill those dogs! Wynette's hubby was the grill master. It's all good.
smile.png
maybe people can grill their own! have them as raw or burnt as they want them
wink.png

Been quite a while since I posted here and almost as long since I have read the thread. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the fact that summer has more or less arrived in Michigan.

Life has been rather hectic with my own health issues and with my old farmer friend falling in December, breaking his femur at the hip. Sadly, the injury triggered Alzheimer's Disease and caring for him has been a trial. My son David moved in with him and his efforts have not only been admirable but oft times heroic. No one can fully appreciate the difficult of caring for dementia patients until they have lived it. About two weeks ago he suffered a massive stroke and this past Saturday passed. His funeral will be tomorrow and I am going to miss him.

On a brighter note, if anyone is in need of egg cartons I have a lot that I would like to give to someone rather than tossing them in the recycle bin so please contact me if you want to come and get them.

Back
Top Bottom