Michigan Thread - all are welcome!

Thank you all! I went back to my old med so now is to figure out ow to absorb magnesium. Banana and avocados help but not enough. She has me on magnesium oxide but going to buy magnesium citrate cause it's absorbed better without the runs. Will keep try. I am also working on some new project's like planting a new church and new groups to support others.
Girls are ok. 2 speckled sussexes I got from Mrs Mary disappeared. No signs of any struggle. Pitbull still crowing around and he is a star with the new girls. The old bingo squad stays away from him.
All covered for winter again. Feathers everywhere 🫣

FOUND IT!! Woohoo!! I'm new to this board, so been looking for a Michigan Topic board. Okay ... let me first say **HELLO** ... we are first time chicken owners. We will have the coop finished today, with luck, if the weather holds. We are located in Royal Oak. It's beginning to try to get cold, but typical Michigan, She's bipolar going through menopause LOL.

We have 6 ROR's, they are 6 weeks now. Currently, we are keeping them in a camping tent in the spare room. They are a little timid, but we also have dogs and cats. We keep the cats out, but the dogs barking seems to be a thing. Fortunately, we will be moving them outside within the week.

I will be doing an article with our coop and run/yard area.

I do have a question ... at 6 weeks, can I give them cantelope and pumpkins?

Ask if mixing in a little magnesium glycerinate would help. It's supposed to be a bit more gentle on the intestines. I think is slower to absorb than citrate, but a very good form of magnesium.
I had to stop taking magnesium, due to the diarrhea. I'll look for this type and see if my insides like it better. Thanks for the info.

I remember the snow of 78' ... THAT was fun. I'm not sure our chickens would have done as well as we did LOL.

My little flock is 6 weeks now. I would like to know if they can be given things like ... watermelon, pumpkin, cantelope and corn?

20241023_151925.jpg

The tent is very temporary, they quickly outgrew their brooder. They were also constantly trying to get away from the heat so I turned it all the way to 70 when they were 2 weeks old and they were still not liking it. So we moved them to the tent and adjusted the heat according to what they seem to like.

Back
Top Bottom