Millie Fluer D’uccle strange marking?

CaramelKittey

Crowing
Feb 15, 2019
New Jersey
Hi!

Many of you probably know by now as I had many great suggestions from many awesome people as what to name my Millie Fluer D’uccles. They are all confirmed pullets, and are now around 8-9 weeks old. Three of them have the classic Millie Fluer pattern while one of them has strange black markings on her head and body. These are patterns or colorings in her feathers. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn’t blackhead, or something weird. She (her name is Sage) has had these (weird?) markings her whole life. Is she even a Millie Fluer D’uccle?

Thanks in advance! :thumbsup
If I posted this in the wrong forum, I am truly sorry. Feel free to correct me if you want!

Here are some pictures. I can try and get more if needed. My camera was in flash and Sage wouldn’t stand still. :he

1912E050-FC6A-41DB-B844-ECBAAF1453B7.jpeg
6D8CC6AB-3461-4B7C-B564-CF16202F590F.jpeg
8BB6242C-0547-4E71-AAB3-12BFA20BFF01.jpeg

Here is Sage’s sister Rosemary to compare. She was equally misbehaved. :barnie

4306B623-1CAD-4FE1-BE3D-3FC8EE7FB2C7.jpeg
AC5F682E-E281-4DDB-BA88-3747BF9B3C63.jpeg

Thanks again! :hugs

Hi!

Generally, a Millie Fluer has black and white marking everywhere however, my chick Sage only has black marking on her face and body. I’m so confused about it lol!
Thank you!

I think they will continue to change in pattern/markings as they molt and feather out, they're still pretty young. that speckling pattern becomes more pronounced with age if it's anything like with Speckled Sussex birds.

I think they will continue to change in pattern/markings as they molt and feather out, they're still pretty young. that speckling pattern becomes more pronounced with age if it's anything like with Speckled Sussex birds.
Hi!

Thank you! I agree that they will probably molt out. I was just confused because she is the only D’uccle I have that has those markings.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom