Minnesota!

I think EJB has talked about raising pigeons but I don't know if he still does. He would probably have good information to share with you on the subject
Thanks, is EJB his account name?

There is a pigeon show in New Ulm at the fairgrounds on Feb. 13th. There will be a sale section there. Otherwise you should be able to pick some up at the Game Breeder's sale in Hutchinson on Feb. 20th. I've done the newsletter for the MN State Pigeon Association for past few years. Been raising and showing them for a long time...
Thank you very much, I will look at those. Do they sell any kind of normal non-expensive pigeons?

Is there a difference between poultry dust and Sevin dust?  I want to dust my chickens to prevent mites (less natural dusting opportunities in the winter here) but don't cant find poultry dust around here. 

They have different ingredients but I have always used Sevin.  They don't have it at Fleet Farm?

I have gotten it there once but since the local store reorganized to meet corporate standards I can't find anything and the employees don't know anything either.

I thought blue kote wasn't carried anymore until i randomly found it by the milking supplies once when I was roaming

I have gotten it there once but since the local store reorganized to meet corporate standards I can't find anything and the employees don't know anything either.

I thought blue kote wasn't carried anymore until i randomly found it by the milking supplies once when I was roaming

I get the Sevin from the garden department. I have seen the poultry dust in the poultry supply shelves with the small bags of starter and mite spray and stuff like that. That is in Rochester though. I can't imagine the layout is much different since the Roch store changed up too about a year ago.
I know Sevin isn't that expensive and I always buy a three pack of it. Otherwise you can get it at Home Depot or Lowes in their garden section.

Good morning, crazy chicken folks!
I am FINALLY feeling better!!!!
ya.gif
I was worried that this was going to drag out for two months, but I am definitely on the upswing. As I was out in the fresh air and doing chores yesterday, I could feel something was letting loose. SOOOOO relieved. I still got a little cough, but otherwise, feeling much better.

Had I mentioned I kept seeing opossum tracks out around the coops and pasture? Well, I came out of the big coop yesterday and there it was, the BIGGEST 'Possum I have ever seen!!! I went and got the .22 and it is not going to be doing anything to the chickens. It hadn't bothered them yet, but I am certain it was just a matter of time, and with it being out in the daytime, not ever a good sign. Man, was it big!
I'm so glad you are feeling better!
wee.gif

What would you all put in your first aid kit for chickens?
Large wire dog crate
Dish pan (for soaking chickens in water / epson salt)
epson salt
scissors
knife
paper towels
towels
Blu-kote
Calcitrate calcium tablets
electrolytes
probiotics
Dulcolax liquid Gels (stimulant free) - used to help treat impacted crop
Self heating pad
regular heating pad
poultry protector
Vet RX
Safe-guard
Corid
Molly's Herbal dewormer
Vetericyn VF

Sweet potato - they love sweet potato and will eat it when they won't eat most other things. I'll mix medicine in with it if needed. as they get better, I wet their crumble and mix in in there.
flashlight/headlamp
Live meal worms
Syringes (many sizes) without needle
tubing (in case you need to tube feed)
Bulb syringe (think baby)
Vinyl gloves
bag balm
Pinless peepers
Personal lubricant
hemroid cream
Garden and poultry dust (Permethren)
Bacitracin
Pine shavings
small feeder and waterer for large wire dog crate "hospital"
small dog carrier inside the hospital for a nesting box, sleeping box

And lest you think i'm pulling your leg...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! :weee [COLOR=333333]Large wire dog crate[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Dish pan (for soaking chickens in water / epson salt)[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]epson salt[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]scissors[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]knife[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]paper towels[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]towels[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Blu-kote[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Calcitrate calcium tablets[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]electrolytes[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]probiotics[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Dulcolax liquid Gels (stimulant free) - used to help treat impacted crop[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Self heating pad[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]regular heating pad[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]poultry protector[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Vet RX[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Safe-guard[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Corid[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Molly's Herbal dewormer[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333][COLOR=B42000]Vetericyn VF[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Sweet potato - they love sweet potato and will eat it when they won't eat most other things. I'll mix medicine in with it if needed. as they get better, I wet their crumble and mix in in there.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]flashlight/headlamp[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Live meal worms[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333][COLOR=333333]Syringes (many sizes) without needle[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]tubing (in case you need to tube feed)[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Bulb syringe (think baby)[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Vinyl gloves[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]bag balm[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Pinless peepers[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Personal lubricant[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]hemroid cream[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Garden and poultry dust (Permethren) [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Bacitracin[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]Pine shavings[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]small feeder and waterer for large wire dog crate "hospital"[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]small dog carrier inside the hospital for a nesting box, sleeping box[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]And lest you think i'm pulling your leg...[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]
Nope, I absolutely believe you. That's why I asked ;-)

Back
Top Bottom