Minnesota!

In Blaine, it's at the end of the section where all of the chicken stuff is. There's a big sign advertising food grade DE. There's also a few other coop deodorizing items in the same area.

where do you buy DE? I don't think I have ever seen it at Fleet Farm

They do have it, it is by minerals, I think. It comes in a paper bag, but I put mine into a closed plastic trash can immediately to keep it dry. I think the brand name is Red Lake? Since the stores have moved stuff around, I find it harder to find some things.

yeah, fleet farm has been moving some stuff around since the stores sold. Seems they are changing the merchandise mix a bit too.

I had to laugh, instead of having the garden seeds and bulbs and horseradish and asparagus (which is all sprouting) up front in the center of the store, it was back in a corner in blaine. I only stumbled on it by accident looking for something else.

When I went to TSC for the cattle panels, they were out of chicks! Lucky for me, I did not have to practice any self control at all. I was impressed that this time they had the set up cordoned off and had signs about not handling the chicks at all.

They sure were cheaper than fleet farm on the hog panels and on the welded wire.

yeah, fleet farm has been moving some stuff around since the stores sold. Seems they are changing the merchandise mix a bit too.

I had to laugh, instead of having the garden seeds and bulbs and horseradish and asparagus (which is all sprouting) up front in the center of the store, it was back in a corner in blaine. I only stumbled on it by accident looking for something else.

When I went to TSC for the cattle panels, they were out of chicks! Lucky for me, I did not have to practice any self control at all. I was impressed that this time they had the set up cordoned off and had signs about not handling the chicks at all.

They sure were cheaper than fleet farm on the hog panels and on the welded wire.
i havent been able to find horseradish at all this year at FF!

I heard that the investment group that bought FF is overseas. i hope that doesnt ruin the store. It is one of the only decent farm store in the area unless i drive to the next big towns (mankato or rochester) for a TSC. we do have a local feed store but they are only so so on supplies besides feed and bedding.

My chickens have dropped major in egg production the last 7+ days. From 8 eggs a day to 3 or 4. My husband is really getting frustrated. I treated them with wazine and corid as per the U's suggestion. They still haven't found any reason why my rooster or hen were sick. Had another two get sick and have been working at getting them better. One is fully recovered so I put her back out and now here's what the next hen sounded like that got it this morning. Any ideas?

Last edited:
My chickens have dropped major in egg production the last 7+ days. From 8 eggs a day to 3 or 4. My husband is really getting frustrated. I treated them with wazine and corid as per the U's suggestion. They still haven't found any reason why my rooster or hen were sick. Had another two get sick and have been working at getting them better. One is fully recovered so I put her back out and now here's what the next hen sounded like that got it this morning. Any ideas?

She sounds so sad and miserable. I hope they find out what it is!!

@erlibrd, thank you!

@anyone... with egg production drop, I'm wondering if what looks like dirt or dust at the feather base is actually mites. It's on her mid back and the feathers are all little in that area. I don't see this anywhere else. I thought it was rooster issues and dirt. Any suggestions? If it's mites, what kind would look like grey dust at the feather base? Treatment?

Back
Top Bottom