MissPrissy's Daily Blue Plate Special - Guest Chef!

Quote:
Could you give me your spanish rice recipe?

Thanks,

Mary

I put my rice in a skillet and brown it off.

Then I put it in my rice steamer, with 3/4 of the water and add a big can of crushed tomatoes (we likeit with lots of tomato), super finely chopped onion, green pepper and or hot pepper and fajita/chili seasoning to taste. You could even use a rice flavoring packet for seasoning.

You can do it in a deep skillet just the same. The rice steamer is just handy and I don't have to stir.

The sticker said it was a type of Kabocha squash - a japanese pumpkin squash.

It has a wonderful flavor and I bet it would be great for pumpkin pie too.

Miss Prissy what is your recipe for Fruit Cake for the Holiday's?We love it around here but I'm sure if you make one it's got to be great.Thanks

I do a couple different fruit cakes. Each one equally delicious!

Let me find some recipes and I'll post them.

If I don't get to it in a couple days PLEASE remind me.

Tonight is breakfast for supper.

Cheese grits, scrambled eggs and bacon.

breakfast.jpg

My kids got pizza and I forgot to get a photo. They were making plates and eating before I got down to the kitchen.

Today -

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

MissPrissy,

Do you have a good white chicken chili recipe? I have never even tasted it but hear it is really good. I should have everything I need in the pantry and it seems like the perfect weather.

Truth is I can eat chili year round.

Me, too! I love chili!

I have to add last night's supper to this thread too.

It is basically the same as any other chili only you use chicken and white beans and no tomato.

The one I make is very basic -

Cook the chicken either ground chicken or boil a whole chicken and shred it. Any thing you have and anyway you choose to do it.

I sautee onions and garlic in olive oil. Add the chicken and a few cans of canellini beans or cook some navy or other white beans - depends on how big a pot I am making. Season with cumin, salt, pepper, chili powder, a small can of green chilis. Taste it and see if it is spicey enough for you. If not add more seasoning. I add chicken stock and heavy cream to make it thick and cream. Simmer on very low for an hour or two. About 20 min before I am going to serve it I put in a package of frozen pea and carrot and some shoepeg corn to make it colorful and jazz it up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom