Muscovy egg on day 35, still has not internally pipped yet

Pics
They are on day 22, however they are smaller than the Muscovy egg, so I don’t know whether they are regular ducks or Muscovy and whether I should incubate them to 28 days or 35
Some kind of waterfowl though because I found them alone in different spots around my lake outside, not even in a nest

Yeah I think unfortunately the poor baby has passed, still no movement today :( I think it might’ve been shrink wrapped because I didn’t have it humid enough. This was my first ever time so it’s definitely a good learning experience, I have 2 other eggs I’ve been incubating though
Sorry for your loss. :hugs I don't think it was shrink-wrapped. In one of the pictures you posted, it looked like its bill/beak was over its wing, not under. That's a common malposition that can keep them from being able to pip.

1717606820364.png

https://www.thepoultrysite.com/articles/investigating-hatchery-practice-examining-the-hatch-debris

Sorry for your loss. :hugs I don't think it was shrink-wrapped. In one of the pictures you posted, it looked like its bill/beak was over its wing, not under. That's a common malposition that can keep them from being able to pip.
Well I was also taking it out of incubator at least once everyday since day 34 for just a few minutes to candle because I hadn’t heard any peeping yet, could that have been the cause?

They are on day 22, however they are smaller than the Muscovy egg, so I don’t know whether they are regular ducks or Muscovy and whether I should incubate them to 28 days or 35
You will be able to watch to signs of hatching
Shadowing along the lower part of the air cell
Eggs rocking
And air cell dipping forward really fast as well as how full the eggs are
Regular duck eggs shadow day 22-25 anywhere in there
You can take videos and post and we can help you figure out how much longer

Back
Top Bottom