Muscovy Eggs Pipping: One egg is "bruised" on pointed end

Opened the big end slightly and moistened the membrane--there's actually bill there! Vessels haven't receded yet. I just put it back. There was also bruising on the side of the egg and it looks like there is a little blood pooling around there. Not sure how but I think it must have ruptured a vessel... I'll be really happy if it survives but I know that doesn't look great. Not going to mess with it further.

I'll keep you updated and thank you for the help!
awesome! a chick pipping the wrong end isn't a death sentence lots of them actually get out on their own too. the "bruising" you're seeing could just be the extra goop building up at the bottom of the egg and not blood at all. check inside the shell once it's hatched and see what it is so you know next time. :D

awesome! a chick pipping the wrong end isn't a death sentence lots of them actually get out on their own too. the "bruising" you're seeing could just be the extra goop building up at the bottom of the egg and not blood at all. check inside the shell once it's hatched and see what it is so you know next time. :D

Hopefully it comes out so I can check! I did see actual blood pooling on the side (after moistening the membrane, where it was lying flat has some blood, not just vessels) so not sure what's going to happen. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom