My 11 day old Bantam has pasty butt!!

Apr 17, 2024
My Bantam has been showing signs of party but for about 5 days now and everyday I’ve carefully cleaned her with warm water and q tips and then a little Vaseline around the vent. Tonight I got off with ABBA came to check on her and she had a little but of dried poop but as I got to cleaning in I noticed her vent seems kinda inflamed and maybe a little discolored or possibly side discharge? What can I do to help get? I’ve attached a photo to maybe help.
image.jpg

How warm is your brooder temperature? Do you have a cooler side to get to? Is she drinking fluids and eating well? I have seen pasty butt last for 10 days, but being too warm or getting constipated and not drinking make increase it. Many times it starts with shipping stress or neglected pasty butt in the first days. I would try to get her taking some oil, such as coconut oil chilled and cut into small pieces to peck and eat. Olive or mineral oil may also be used, put into a little egg to eat. Get the chick drinking often. Good luck.

So, the temp is around 80 to 85 degrees. I’ve been using Recover911 which is a water supplement that has electrolytes, probiotics, prebiotics and oregano in it.
How do I get oil in the eggs? Should I scramble some eggs and put oil on the eggs maybe? I have fresh eggs from a barred rock and Rhode island reds that I have. I didn’t experience this with my other chicks in the past and I’m very worried about it.

Back
Top Bottom