My Chicken processing and My plucker Come look :)

Toast'n Jelly :

They are absolutely gorgeous
thumbsup.gif
I'd love to see a video of how you work the plucker but I know that it's too late for yours but if anyone else does it please make a video for us
bow.gif

This will give you an idea

Quote:
Just a little of the last minute feathers while washing the bird down , But really not a lot of feathers were left , the plucker did a good job its all in where you hold the bird .

Your finished product looks fantastic, I just started with with chickens (as in all mine are less than 5 weeks old) and I am already brainstorming for when and wear I can raise a flock for the freezer.

Quote:
frow.gif
frow.gif
frow.gif

hi cutie pie! what are YOU doing on the meat bird thread . . . looking to make silkie stew????

LOL nope I keep saying Im going to try meaties and would love too. Maybe 12 at most at one time. SO I am always lurking on this thread to learn before I dive into them:)
How are you?

great idea! Very nice! How much faster is that than hand plucking? I am dreading the day when my meaties are ready. 26 freedom rangers...hmmmf! Hoping to do it in one day?
idunno.gif
I loth the plucking part and it makes my back hurt to stand there and pluck just 4 birds!(most I've done at a time) I'm gonna have to try this out!

Quote:
It makes it alot faster to use the plucker , I did mine in a few increments
I Did 3 the first day then a few days later I did 5 then a few days later 3 more then 5 more then the last time I pushed my luck and finisher the last 10 , Um yea alotta work especially when I was amost done the florida torrental downpoor came and I still had to gut them so there I stood in the pooring flooding rain Gutting chickens wish some one would have taken a picture of that
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom