my chickens are exposed to my cattle creep feeder which has purina accuration in the feed. is this safe for my chicknes to eat ?

If they ate it once, I wouldn't think anything of it, but I sure wouldn't want them eating it every day. Cattle have very different nutritional needs from chickens and that could cause problems now or down the road.

Just a quick glance, it's got 33% protein and 9% fat. That's way too high for chickens and can cause kidney or other issues. Not trying to scare you here, but long term eating that just won't end well IMO.

If your chickens free range don't worry. They can self regulate on what they need. If they don't they would have gone extinct eons ago.
Chickens that free range have access to a wide range of foods, each with different nutritional value. Some even poisonous. So all chickens that free range are trained to eat what they need, in the right quantities.

A chicken will eat up to 25% protein. If your chickens are on a 15% protein layer feed that is not enough so they will get the extra proteins somewhere else.

Back
Top Bottom