amberc1983

Chirping
Apr 11, 2023
Jefferson, Texas
Hello everyone! I’m new here so don’t be too hard on me lol. I’m a happily married mother of 5. My oldest kid is 22 and my youngest is 11 so yeah, I’m not sure what quiet or peaceful is. (But I wouldn’t trade it for the world) After my husband lost his job after having covid and pneumonia and no longer being able to work, we decided to raise chickens 🐓 Right now we have 8 grown Red Sex Links and my last minute stop to tractor supply persuaded me to bring home babies!! I bought 5 Salmon Faverolls. Then we found some Black Copper Marans that needed a home and they were the same age as the SF Chicks so why not right!?!?

Attachments

• IMG_6850.jpeg
    IMG_6850.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6858.jpeg
    IMG_6858.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6851.jpeg
    IMG_6851.jpeg
    517.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello, and welcome! Your chicks are so cute! I’ve done that before…gone to the store not INTENDING to bring home chicks…but doing it anyway LOL. Hope to see you in some other threads; maybe I’ll be able to answer some questions you have…or maybe you’ll be able to help me! Thanks for joining the community! :)

Hello, and welcome! Your chicks are so cute! I’ve done that before…gone to the store not INTENDING to bring home chicks…but doing it anyway LOL. Hope to see you in some other threads; maybe I’ll be able to answer some questions you have…or maybe you’ll be able to help me! Thanks for joining the community! :)
I actually have a question. Does this one look like a cockerel? They were all supposed to be hens but I’m not so sure

Attachments

• IMG_6853.jpeg
    IMG_6853.jpeg
    385.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello everyone! I’m new here so don’t be too hard on me lol. I’m a happily married mother of 5. My oldest kid is 22 and my youngest is 11 so yeah, I’m not sure what quiet or peaceful is. (But I wouldn’t trade it for the world) After my husband lost his job after having covid and pneumonia and no longer being able to work, we decided to raise chickens 🐓 Right now we have 8 grown Red Sex Links and my last minute stop to tractor supply persuaded me to bring home babies!! I bought 5 Salmon Faverolls. Then we found some Black Copper Marans that needed a home and they were the same age as the SF Chicks so why not right!?!?
Welcome to BYC!! :)

Back
Top Bottom