My first AR15 build

I had a Barska red dot on my Ruger MKII, but I couldn't get used to it and removed it. At a friends suggestion, I put it on my AR pistol. I haven't sighted it in yet, but I think it'll work better on there.

AK's can be argued to be one of the greatest assault rifles in history. You can bury it in the sand or mud and it still work. I just do not see the good guys using Ak's only the bad.

Thats becuase "good guys" dont believe in "spray and pray" method. Make no mistake about its US SF does use AK' varients but usually in dense jungle or tight urban situations. 7.62x39 is a nasty round to get hit with... but thats the trick, you gotta be able to hit em!

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

Here is my AK

I've lost count on the number of ARs that I have right now. I still have 2 lowers in the gun safe waiting for my next builds. I know that I do have one in 7.62x39. They have to machine down the bolt face which makes them susceptible to stress fractures. It is good to keep a couple of extra bolts around. Replace every 1,000 rounds or so.

If you want to see a really cool round, check out the 300 Blackout that was designed by AAC. It is similar to the 300 Whisper and other .30 caliber rounds, but it has been adopted by Remington and other companies and it's taking hold. It is a .223/5.56 cartridge that is necked up to accept a .30 bullet. The only thing that needs to be changed is the barrel. It uses the same magazines and bolt as the standard .223/5.56 and carries as much downrange energy as the 7.62x39. There's a good forum at http://www.300blktalk.com.

I'm really thinking about building an AR pistol in .40 S&W, but I'll be using a Rock River piston upper. The return spring is in the piston assembly, so it does away with the need for the buffer tube. If I ever do get one, then I'll certainly submit a Form 1 for it and convert it to a SBR.

AK is a great gun cause it is built with work in the worst of places. It does lose accuracy for that. In the jungle many of our men dropped there guns an picked up AKs cause they just worked better.

If you are not the one having to travel an gunking up your gun then the AR is more accurate an can handle some dirt. Its a trade off..

Here is my AR.

Its a .22lr by the way.

I'm really thinking about building an AR pistol in .40 S&W, but I'll be using a Rock River piston upper. The return spring is in the piston assembly, so it does away with the need for the buffer tube. If I ever do get one, then I'll certainly submit a Form 1 for it and convert it to a SBR.
I never understood why folks want to make an AR pistol in a pistol caliber. In my opinion you make an AR or AK pistol because you want a small firearm that can shoot rifle caliber rounds.

Thats becuase "good guys" dont believe in "spray and pray" method. Make no mistake about its US SF does use AK' varients but usually in dense jungle or tight urban situations. 7.62x39 is a nasty round to get hit with... but thats the trick, you gotta be able to hit em!

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine..."

Here is my AK

It's actually not too hard to hit a torso-sized target with an AK, even at 100 yards - just saying. That's sort of like saying that a .30-30 is "spray and pray." The thing is a fantastic brush gun, and in the South, that's precisely what's most practical.

BTW, nice AR. What caliber is it?

It's actually not too hard to hit a torso-sized target with an AK, even at 100 yards - just saying. That's sort of like saying that a .30-30 is "spray and pray." The thing is a fantastic brush gun, and in the South, that's precisely what's most practical.

BTW, nice AR. What caliber is it?

IMO if I have a rifle I want to be able to engage targets at 600+ Yards. AK just simply cant do that without SERIOUS modification. My AR in that pic is a 5.56(nato) I can typically engage a target @ 300yds with softball size groupings. To respond to why want a rifle caliber handgun... Because I can open carry a AR pistol and get only dirty looks, if I carried an AR on my back police might want to interrogate me.

Back
Top Bottom