My Hatching Journey: the Adventures of a Complete Newbie

Your temps running a little hot K? I lost more when I ran the incubator a tad warmer and they started hatching earlier - won't do that again. Maybe back the temp off a tiny bit to get them closer to hatching on day 21? Just a thought.

Dude !!!!!!!!
hugs.gif
understand farming time all else waits . I'm just filled the cabinets Sunday .Hatch rates aren't so good as I hoped .Piping more on day nineteen and hatching on twenty . Going into lockdown thier alive and die during before they hatch .I'm going to lock down a couple days earlier . May make a difference
idunno.gif
I'm super busy go most of my hay down . so a bit out of touch .
frow.gif
Hi Banti off to bed
hugs.gif

Good to hear from ya Brother!

That sounds really early.
Are they dying with unabsorbed yolk??

Dude !!!!!!!! :hugs understand farming time all else waits . I'm just filled the cabinets Sunday .Hatch rates aren't so good as I hoped .Piping more on day nineteen and hatching on twenty . Going into lockdown thier alive and die  during before they hatch .I'm going to lock down a couple days earlier . May make a difference :idunno I'm super busy go most of my hay down . so a bit out of touch . :frow  Hi Banti off to bed

Hiya K :frow

Last night was day 14. All three are still alive! :fl

Anything special I should do for lockdown in a forced air? Cover the fan somehow? I wouldn't think the fan was low enough to get the chicks hurt, but knowing chicks, they will probably stand on eggs just to shove their head in. :rolleyes:
-Banti

Hiya K
frow.gif

Last night was day 14. All three are still alive!
fl.gif

Anything special I should do for lockdown in a forced air? Cover the fan somehow? I wouldn't think the fan was low enough to get the chicks hurt, but knowing chicks, they will probably stand on eggs just to shove their head in.
roll.png

-Banti
I imagine that would not be fun to clean up.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom