My Mother is driving me nuts!(poop related)

max13077

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2008
Fingerlakes Upstate, NY
Every time I talk to my Mom she asks "so when are you bringing over some chicken dumplings for my garden?" I tell her I'm not sure it's ok to put it on yet. Well who can tell me if it is?

The poop is from my Cornish x's from this summer and early fall. Can I mix it in now for next years garden?

I don't know the answer, but I love the title.
Chicken Dumplings
gig.gif

Last edited:
Tell her it needs to compost and then she can have all she wants. It's to "hot" to put on a garden now, unless she's wanting to put it on and let it sit over the winter. Thinking about what time of year it is now (duh me!
roll.png
), that's probably what she is wanting to do. If that truly is the case, drop her some dumplings!
smile.png

Yes this is time to mix it in. Now I have to tell a funny but expensive story:
When El Paso built Cohen Stadium for the El Paso Diablos they got a great deal on fresh chicken manure from the egg farm on the other side of the hill. They brought out tons of fresh manure and put it down "hot" and heavy on the newly rolled out grass field. It burned it to a crisp faster than you could say Kentucky Fried Chicken! They replaced the grass and bought cow manure from the dairies over the hill.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom