My roosters injured a hawk what do I do?

Impressive chickens!
Your birds likely do have mites now, and in the USA there's permethrin spray, permethrin dust, or spinosad spray. All work fine, your local feed/ farm store should have the permethrin. In mild weather the spray is least expensive and easiest to use.
That hawk was likely debilitated because of it's mite overload, contributing to it's hunting failure. Your birds definitely won that round! Just get the permethrin and trat them, and spray the inside of the coop.
Mary

Impressive chickens!
Your birds likely do have mites now, and in the USA there's permethrin spray, permethrin dust, or spinosad spray. All work fine, your local feed/ farm store should have the permethrin. In mild weather the spray is least expensive and easiest to use.
That hawk was likely debilitated because of it's mite overload, contributing to it's hunting failure. Your birds definitely won that round! Just get the permethrin and trat them, and spray the inside of the coop.
Mary
Will the permethrin spray harm my chickens? I know that people aren't supposed to breath it in so I'm assuming that the same would apply to chickens? Do I spray it on the chickens or just on the ground? Thanks for the advice.

You aren't going to spray into their faces, and need to wear at least a N95 face mask and long sleeves, and shower after using any product.
Mites and lice will kill chickens; ask me how I know...
And there's no egg withdrawal using those products. Don't wait until your birds are overwhelmed by these nasty parasites.
Mary
Trust me I don't want them to look like that hawk. It was horrible looking.

Do I spray it on the chickens or just on the ground?
Get it on the chickens skin.
Under the feathers around vent, neck, belly, and under wings.
Spraying the ground would be pointless, but spraying the coop walls, roosts, floor might be good. Especially drench all the cracks and crevices.

And just another tip. STOP USING SEVIN DUST ON CHICKENS. if you use sevin dust on chickens you can never eat their eggs again. It is poisonous to humans no matter what people try to say about it being it's not. It is illegal to use in other countries. And has been known to cause heath problems for both humans and animals alike.

And just another tip. STOP USING SEVIN DUST ON CHICKENS. if you use sevin dust on chickens you can never eat their eggs again. It is poisonous to humans no matter what people try to say about it being it's not. It is illegal to use in other countries. And has been known to cause heath problems for both humans and animals alike.
Is this true with DE dust as well?

Sorry, not sure what DE dust stands for?
diatomaceous earth
Screenshot_20240315-211811.png

Back
Top Bottom