Mystery Box 2

Dokadawaja

Chirping
Jun 26, 2024
She came from a "Mystery Box" (300 day old chicks, 60+ varieties). I got her yesterday as an 8 week old pullet. She is almost twice the size of the smallest in my flock of 10 (all the same hatch date). Not supposed to be any bantams. She is a sweet, pretty bird but I have no clue what breed she might be.
20240623_214233.jpg

Thank you. She is growing so fast. She seems a lighter color than most of the ISA pictures I saw on line but their color seems to vary a lot. For that matter, this chicken seems to be changing color some. 😁 Hatch date was April 23 so she is very young yet. Some of these, like the barred rock, are really easy to confidently id but this one. Lol So many pictures that look a lot like her but I find no definitive identifying traits on her. She is pretty and big and healthy and looks distinctly different from any others in the flock so the perfect breed for my flock, right? 🤗
20240627_065735.jpg

Thank you. She is growing so fast. She seems a lighter color than most of the ISA pictures I saw on line but their color seems to vary a lot. For that matter, this chicken seems to be changing color some. 😁 Hatch date was April 23 so she is very young yet. Some of these, like the barred rock, are really easy to confidently id but this one. Lol So many pictures that look a lot like her but I find no definitive identifying traits on her. She is pretty and big and healthy and looks distinctly different from any others in the flock so the perfect breed for my flock, right? 🤗
View attachment 3874487
I have 2 Isa's, they look so different. One looks so much like the one in your picture, lighter red with alot more white. My other is a dark red, like super red, with only the tips of white mainly on her tail feathers. My Isa's grew and feathered really well, I think it's a thing with production breeds, I have read the production breeds grow and mature pretty fast.

I love my Isa's. They are probably the sweetest birds in my flock, and always runs to the fence when they see me, the dark one, Joan, is very vocal and fusses at me when she sees me if she wants a snack.

I have 2 Isa's, they look so different. One looks so much like the one in your picture, lighter red with alot more white. My other is a dark red, like super red, with only the tips of white mainly on her tail feathers. My Isa's grew and feathered really well, I think it's a thing with production breeds, I have read the production breeds grow and mature pretty fast.

I love my Isa's. They are probably the sweetest birds in my flock, and always runs to the fence when they see me, the dark one, Joan, is very vocal and fusses at me when she sees me if she wants a snack.
Thank you for telling me about the Isa. I haven't ever has one before and it sounds like she should be a delightful pet.

Thank you for telling me about the Isa. I haven't ever has one before and it sounds like she should be a delightful pet.
They really are. This is my first year with chickens, got them in February, if/when I add more chickens to my flock, I'd definitely get more Isa's, they are so full of personality, and I just love how chatty they are.

Back
Top Bottom