Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Bird #2
Also thinking pullet- bc of the no wattles mainly, just like the first- BUT man Everytime I look at that comb, I think maybe it's a cockerel? 😆

Rooster? Maybe? BTW- It was raining the day these photos were taken so the streamer like feathers don't usually look like that, they are wet and clumped together 🤦
Personally I would think these two are cockerels and the lack of wattles is because they're bearded (?).
My 5 month old Showgirl pullet still has hardly any comb while her brother has always had a big one.

Last edited:
Bird 1

I'm thinking pullet? But honestly have no clue! Lol I'll post the others in subsequent comments
Agree

Bird #2
Also thinking pullet- bc of the no wattles mainly, just like the first- BUT man Everytime I look at that comb, I think maybe it's a cockerel? 😆
Agree. I don’t see any streamers on its head. But this one is sorta tricky.

Bird #3
Rooster? Pretty sure I can see pointy hackle/saddle feathers on this one too
Agree

Rooster? Maybe? BTW- It was raining the day these photos were taken so the streamer like feathers don't usually look like that, they are wet and clumped together 🤦
Agree

2nn.PNG

I recently hatched out 2 NN. I got the eggs from in-laws MT. The eggs they hatched from were brown, and the moms were orange feathered. The dads, were EE and darker.

Personally I would think these two are cockerels and the lack of wattles is because they're bearded (?).
My 5 month old Showgirl pullet still has hardly any comb while her brother has always had a big one.
I had heard that NN hens/pullets tend to have larger combs? Which is why I questioned it. BUT- good call on the beard/muff gene- it does inhibit wattle growth so I guess maybe they are all boys 😭

I had heard that NN hens/pullets tend to have larger combs? Which is why I questioned it.
That has not been my experience so far.
This is my oldest showgirl pullet, not sure on her exact age but laying.
20240420_170917.jpg

This is my 5 month old.
20240729_075108.jpg

And the 5 month old cockerel.
20240713_125539.jpg

That has not been my experience so far.
This is my oldest showgirl pullet, not sure on her exact age but laying.
View attachment 3907251
This is my 5 month old.
View attachment 3907252
And the 5 month old cockerel.
View attachment 3907253
Yeah, see I look at those combs and her comb looks on the larger side to me, and his is definitely huge. The two I posted (the pullets?) combs are not anywhere close to the size of his and they are older them them. About 6 maybe 7 months

Back
Top Bottom