Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Hi--I am new to posting and to backyard chickens.

My family and I are planning chickens in our backyard. I would really love to have a blue laced red wyandotte chick or 2. Unfortunately, I can not take 25 from the hatchery...and I need hens, darn neighbors and city ordinances.

I am wondering if there are any other Nebraska folks close-ish to Omaha (my folks live in Hastings so I could make a trip that far) that would want to share an order of chicks.

I would only really want 4-5 so I suppose I would need to find someone or someones
hmm.png
who want chicks.
smile.png

Just thought I would throw that out there while I am working out my options.

d

Quote:
Check on page 18 or so of this thread, user anSfarm (Aaron) - I'm not sure what he currently has, but you can ask.

Good luck and Welcome!

Hello Nebraska!
woot.gif

Just a reminder that there are still lots of towns and cities right here in Nebraska up for grabs in the BYC Chicken L.O.R.E. Project!

This is a massive undertaking, and everyone is encouraged to participate! Your knowledge of Chicken L.O.R.E. will earn you GFM Scratch, which are good towards new GFM Memberships, Membership extensions, or Membership gifts.

Remember - you don't have to select a city in Nebraska - cruise the selection list and choose any city still available!

Get started now! Click on the Chicken L.O.R.E. link above for all the details, and remember your Project Managers are here to help in any way we can.

Good Luck, and Thanx for Joining In!
clap.gif

Quote:
thndrdancr-Thanks for the update. I had run across a website that mentioned the auction in Palmyra, but it was dated 2007. I wondered if it still was happening.

I looked at another thread that you posted in and it looks like you have some black cooper marans? All I have read about them sounds great and I had Marans eggs when I was in France a bazillion years ago
smile.png
I think I would like one or two. What can you tell me about the auction? Are there lots of varieties of chickens? Are they sexed?

Sorry to ask such new chicken mom questions.

dwegz

Last edited:
Hello again everyone. I have not yet purchased my chickens. TractorSupply is supposed to be getting some this weekend, but I had my heart set on a few specific varieties that I think would be amazing to have, and I need hens only since the city ordinance (and peaceful existence with my neighbors) does not allow for roosters.

My 9 year old son would like a Silky (are all silkies small or does it have to be a bantam to be a little guy) to raise himself, I would LOVE 1-2 blue laced red wyandottes,a silver laced wyandotte, a buff orpington, my super dream is a black cooper marans, and that is it really. A small multicolored flock.
big_smile.png

At anyrate, I was looking through the previous posts here and I noticed someone who used to have blue laced red wyandottes, but I don't think they do anymore. If anyone has any of the chicks/chickens on my wishlist I would love to know about it. I am looking at mypetchicken.com as someone suggested but the wait for chicks is killing me (a few won't be available until May or June). Everyday my students (I teach high school English) ask when I am getting my chickens. They all want to see them, I have had many an offer to watch my chickens if I vacation. Kids are hilarious. I did some cleanup in my garden and the back of our yard last weekend in preparation for garden and CHICKENS!!!

Thanks all.

dwegz

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom