Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Hi Jessi, I am in Paxton. Does Cambridge still have that quilt store? :D

I don't have any naked necks. I have 3 sex links, 1 GLW, 1 SLW, 1 RIR, 1 GC, 1 CM and 1 EE. All pullet so no eggs yet.

Welcome to BYC!

Hey!! We sure do! I went in and bought some red thread the other day. It was $7! Yikes!! It'd just about be cheaper to drive to McCook!! What's GC & CM?
We've got leghorns, silkies, and some mixed breeds (adults). We've got about 110 chicks right now. Silkies, standard Cochins, EE, barred rock, Delaware, turkens, polish, porcelin d'Uccle, and some that have yet to be IDed. But that's just the chickens ;)

Hey!! We sure do! I went in and bought some red thread the other day. It was $7! Yikes!! It'd just about be cheaper to drive to McCook!! What's GC & CM?
We've got leghorns, silkies, and some mixed breeds (adults). We've got about 110 chicks right now. Silkies, standard Cochins, EE, barred rock, Delaware, turkens, polish, porcelin d'Uccle, and some that have yet to be IDed. But that's just the chickens
wink.png

What thread did you buy? Had to be a jumbo spool. Even the largest Gutermann spool should only cost $5.55+tax (500 meters) But then, quilting is expensive. Just as any quilters husband. LOL

the GC is a Golden Campine and the CM is a Cuckoo Maran.. I was so frustrated trying to find chickens that I wanted. The Bomgaars in Ogallala said they'd order some for me so I waited and waited, called, left my name many times. I see the other day now they have the ones I ordered and still NO one has called me. But I did finally find all the ones I wanted so they will have to sell them to another chicken lover. The only ones I would take now are EE's and I haven't the room.
hmm.png
I am in town limits and can't have a rooster. I told my hubby I'd go back to the country so we could have a rooster. ha ha this is my first time chicken keeping and I've been very lucky. No bad has happened and out of 11 chicks, I got one roo. I re-homed him and his brooder mate to a farm a couple weeks ago. They were such pals I couldn't separate them. I'm only planning to keep them happy and healthy and harvesting their eggs.

You have a lot of chickens!! You breed your own? Sell the eggs? Incubate eggs?

Back
Top Bottom