Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
You have a lot of chickens!!  You breed your own?  Sell the eggs?  Incubate eggs? 

We just recently moved and are starting up again. I really just enjoy birds!! I'm going to breed and sell a lot of them. (When they are older)
Turkens are my absolute favorite so I'm going to work on getting different kinds. I ultimately want a naked neck bird with a top hat and feathered feet. So I'm going to breed my turken gals to a golden laced polish. Then when I get what I want there, I'll breed them to silkies (I want the dark skin). Then to a Cochin (I want a big, fluffy version of 'my creation')
Like I said, I like birds :)

We just recently moved and are starting up again. I really just enjoy birds!! I'm going to breed and sell a lot of them. (When they are older)
Turkens are my absolute favorite so I'm going to work on getting different kinds. I ultimately want a naked neck bird with a top hat and feathered feet. So I'm going to breed my turken gals to a golden laced polish. Then when I get what I want there, I'll breed them to silkies (I want the dark skin). Then to a Cochin (I want a big, fluffy version of 'my creation')
Like I said, I like birds
smile.png

I will have to come see what you end up with next year. Who knows, maybe I'll have room next year.
smile.png
And the awesome fabric store.. 2 birds with one stone - no pun intended.. LOL

I will have to come see what you end up with next year.  Who knows, maybe I'll have room next year.  :) And the awesome fabric store..  2 birds with one stone - no pun intended..  LOL

Sounds like fun!! I bought them all as chicks this year, so next year I get to start :) I go to north Platte occasionally to see my sister, too.

Sounds like fun!! I bought them all as chicks this year, so next year I get to start
smile.png
I go to north Platte occasionally to see my sister, too.

I am stuck between Ogallala and North Platte.. I never know which direction to go.

My granddaughter has a Golden Laced Polish. She is a beautiful bird but only about 4 weeks old so far and she's getting her top hat feathers. I really like the laced wyandottes. And EE's.. they have so much character.. My sex links are my sweetest birds in the way of personality.

I hope your plan works. It should be an interesting ordeal. LOL How do you have them penned? Are you keeping your roo's separate till you have the right matches and pen them together? You probably don't even have your roo's ID'd yet.. LOL Can you tell I'm excited for you? :)

I am stuck between Ogallala and North Platte.. I never know which direction to go. 

My granddaughter has a Golden Laced Polish.  She is a beautiful bird but only about 4 weeks old so far and she's getting her top hat feathers.  I really like the laced wyandottes.  And EE's..  they have so much character..  My sex links are my sweetest birds in the way of personality. 

I hope your plan works.  It should be an interesting ordeal.  LOL  How do you have them penned?  Are you keeping your roo's separate till you have the right matches and pen them together?  You probably don't even have your roo's ID'd yet..  LOL  Can you tell I'm excited for you? :)

We uses to live by Madrid. I much prefer np to og!! My babies aren't fully feathered yet so they're still in the brooders :D we build our own coops/runs that will house 2-4 birds. So they will be perfect for this next year. The place we moved to has sheds and barns galore, so plenty of space :D !!!!
I'm excited too!!!!!

Salmon faverolle and lt brahma roo's, the rest of these are pullets....3 black copper Marans, 1 blue maran, 1 barred rock, 1 Easter egger, 2 lt brahmas, 2 blue orptingtons, 2 golden laced wayndottes, 1 lt brown leghorn, watching to add a few olive eggers

Hi, I'm from Randolph, Nebraska. We are just starting up. Have 4 RIR, 2 Black Sex Links, 2 barred Rock, and 2 Sicilian Buttercups. Looking at how to convert a very old shed or find a new coop that doesn't cost a total fortune that won't make my girls freeze or go crazy in the winter.

Back
Top Bottom