Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Quote:
NO WAY!!!!!
frow.gif
My in-laws live south of Hampton. We drive through there a few times each month when we go visit them. My father-in-law has raised chickens for years. He's my chicken guru. My hens came from his flock and he's currently raising our meat birds since he's "on the farm" and we're in town.

We've considered moving to Hampton, but don't know what the township allows for animals. Hard to say if the neighbors would like chickens and geese running around the back yard.
wink.png

Question...I am learning all about the chicks and have been reading up on them in the forums, how old are they before they start laying eggs?
smile.png

Hi All you Nebraskans!!

The list is growing. When I just did a search it didnt return as many from Nebraska? Maybe not everyone listed their state????

Hello MrsJWells, Congrats on the permit. I sure hope the City of Bellevue does not come up with some way to disallow chickens. I have not heard yet if they are going to make that couple get rid of their flock. I forgot their name at the moment??

Anyways, I am starting small with 3 Buff Orps. Check out my page for our coop construction we bagan Mother's Day weekend.

Take care everyone!

Last edited:
Quote:
clap.gif

I have my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully they will be as timely for you as they were for me.

These little ones sure to do grow fast!

It looks like it is going to be another beautiful day in Nebraska!
yippiechickie.gif

Time to go play in the garden!

I'm on the list. I live in Overton, a small town near Lexington. Riven is from here too. I know cuz she is my crazy neighbor
lol.png
We have been hatching some of her eggs out in our bator and she keeps bring more over. Oh well, keeps my hubby busy
wink.png
We have a zoo growing at our house. Lets see where to begin, I have a hubby, three boys ages 7,4,1; a border collie, a cat, a chinchilla, a horse, 62 chicken ( don't know all breeds yet got some from mcmurray as a collections; but I do have 5 buff orpington pullets, 1 buff orp. rooster, 5 rir pullets, and 3 salmon faverolles, breeding pair of OE silver duckwing bantams) two breeding pair buff pheasants, yellow golden pheasant trio, silver pheasant trio, two breeding pair red golden pheasants, reeves pheasant trio, pair of mandrin ducks, pair of austrailan spotted calls, pair of snow calls, just bought pair of apricot woodducks, brown cournix quail, orange quail, Mexican spotted quail, and I think they are the white Texas A&M quail. I think that's everything. No wait, I almost forgot my BBRed bantams. So I have 76 chickens
tongue.png
I think I need a bigger place
roll.png
Of course these numbers don't include some of the other eggs that my hubby bought on egg bid. We will soon be raising show-girl silkies, and sultan bantys. I guess now all we need is to name our hatchery and start a business.
lol.png
So now you know where I am at. I have family in Lincoln too. That's where I grew up.

Quote:
WOW! You do have a zoo! AWESOME!

My hubby sooooooo wants a Sultan. Keep us posted when you get going!

I have to ask..I see many people here with quail....what do you do with them? Are they just pets? Do you eat them? Release them to the wild? I really have no clue, but I love to learn about new things!

Your list of chores is much longer than mine, and I thought I had a lot to do! Hugs to you!

Joann
smile.png

I no longer live in NE, but spent my longest running time as a child there (9years). My Dad was stationed at Offutt. My BFF still lives there & she moved to Blair last year from Bellevue. NE- "old stomping grounds" LOL

Quote:
You've got to be sooo busy with all those animals!!!
barnie.gif

I grew up in Lincoln as well!!! My family still lives there too. Near Wesleyan University, I went to Northeast HS.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom