Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
Still looking forward to the poultry show coming up next weekend!!!
ya.gif

Ok...so I gotta know...who made it to the show? I didn't run into any one that said they were on byc...but I did wonder if there were people from here wandering around the show floor.

I was at the show with my husband. We were the two looking lost. We have 8 guineas who thought our porch was home. They have a coop and pen now. Also have a trio of Basenjis. Nice to see people here!

Quote:
haha glad to know you made it to the show and trust me...you weren't the only ones looking lost. Welcome to BYC by the way! Did you see any birds that you liked at the show?

Not sure on breeds yet, hubby doesn't want the little chickens and likes the colors that edge around the feather or brindle stripes. To go with the polka dots on the guineas. Next spring we'll get chickens.

Quote:
you mean laced and barred or cuckoo patterned i think
smile.png
I have a few bantams, but most of what I have are large fowl. I showed a few, but had a few molting, so had to scratch some.
roll.png
If you saw the Marans or Coronation Sussex, some of the light sussex were mine. I have more breeds hiding out at home too. Hopefully they will be ready for the show in the spring.

Are the Marans the ones who lay eggs that are really dark? Those were pretty. I like the hens who have white feathers with a black dusted ruff collar also. Yes, we are picking for cute. The really fluffy ones were cute with feathered feet.

Back
Top Bottom