Need a new feeder

I will try to get a picture of the run tomorrow to show what I mean by somewhat weather proofed
This is the corner I am plan on putting it in.
IMG_3190.jpeg

https://revolutionarychicken.com/pr...oof-mouse-proof-revolutionary-chicken-feeder/
I am really considering this one. I would have to do some rearranging to get it work perfectly but it seems pretty great. The biggest downside I see for it is that water could pool on the top of it.

https://www.amazon.com/RentACoop-Ch...cket/dp/B016047Q5G?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1
This is the other one I am thinking about. It shouldn’t have any issue with water pooling but it is very expensive.
I feel like these look identical to the ones people make from a Lowes bucket. Might be cheaper to make your own. At TSC, they sell the little round opening attachments.

I feel like these look identical to the ones people make from a Lowes bucket. Might be cheaper to make your own. At TSC, they sell the little round opening attachments.
Yeah, but with the first one I really like the ports compared to other options which is specifically why I picked that one out. To get the equivalent of the first one I would need to buy 3 of the ports+a hole saw+shipping+a weather resistant bucket/bin which comes out to nearly the same price as the first one (free shipping over $40). That is actually what I settled on doing while researching last night until I checked and saw that came out to just over $50.

I could get the cheaper ports but we get some pretty insane storms where I live and those cheaper ports won’t stop the rain from most of those storms.

This would be the other option-

Use this bin with 2-3 of these ports. I am not really sure which would be a better option. The bin could hold more feed but I don’t really like putting more than 20 lbs in at a time. The other advantages would be that it has a gasket so the top leaking wouldn’t be a concern and that it is clear.

i think I am making this whole thing way to complicated for myself 🙃

If it were me, I'd probably keep your current feeder and just clean it out more often to make sure no mold sits. Where I'm at, the humidity basically guarantees issues so I'm constantly checking things over.

My waterer gets mold within days of cleaning it! And it's not in direct sunlight.

If it were me, I'd probably keep your current feeder and just clean it out more often to make sure no mold sits. Where I'm at, the humidity basically guarantees issues so I'm constantly checking things over.

My waterer gets mold within days of cleaning it! And it's not in direct sunlight.
The opening in the top is so small that it makes it very hard to check and clean. I just ended up getting this as I decided spending more than $30 on a feeder is stupid. I am tired of spending so much on these chickens lol.
https://www.amazon.com/ZenxyHoC-Chi...7552797&sprefix=poultry+feeder,aps,104&sr=8-3

Back
Top Bottom