Need foolproof tips on how to use permethrin powder, Please!

Hi all. I am dealing with a mite infestation and I bought permethrin powder. I don’t know really how to use it. Is it safe to put directly on the birds? And if so, how much per bird? Do I mix it with some thing? I was thinking, maybe I needed to use diatomaceous earth and sprinkle permethrin into that and then dust the birds… So as to maybe dilute the potency of the powder itself? I don’t really know and I’m just guessing. The packaging doesn’t really help, it makes it sound like the powder is only for use and treating the coop itself and the environment. I’m not sure what to do, I need advice!!. I also have diatomaceous earth. I have been, using wood ash as well, on the birds. I also made the garlic juice, lavender and eucalyptus concoction, and have been spraying birds with that until my permethrin came in the mail.
I had a horrible red mite infestation. I hear they are the hardest to get rid of. I was so overwhelmed that I took the inspected birds to a friend's DURING THE DAY (red mites are nocturnal) and left them there for almost 2 weeks (they die without feasting on chickens at 2 weeks). Meanwhile, I sprayed and put down cedar chips (Yes, I did and it will be fine). Sprayed again. I haven't seen any in a few days. I purposely would walk though shavings and check my feet. I am bringing them home tomorrow and I will dip them in permethrin 10 before releasing them at home. I plan to spray again mid fall. DE did not work for me. I think the mites breed too fast. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom