Need help! Ideas on what is going on with my little one? Anyone have one that been through anything similar..

Looks like it might be spraddle leg or niacin deficiency. The B complex and yeast will help. My baby Call was sitting more than usual. I gave him niacinamide directly for a week and switched to a feed specifically for ducks. A week later, he's his usual super-energetic, running all over the place self.
I did try the bandaid to help with the straddle it definitely helped bringing the legs in closer to his body but the one is still out some. Will put them back on again but he still doesn’t stand I’m hoping he doesn’t think this is the way he is supposed to walk .. I’ve looked everywhere to try to find maybe ideas on doing braces for his legs to try to show I guess how he is supposed to use them but I don’t want to do that if it will hurt him .. dang google and all doesn’t help me at all on how a proper 12 day old wood ducklings legs supposed to look like

Does it maybe have a slipped tendon? You can feel the achilles running down the back of his leg. Feels like a rubber band. It should go right behind the hock.

Looks like it might be spraddle leg or niacin deficiency. The B complex and yeast will help. My baby Call was sitting more than usual. I gave him niacinamide directly for a week and switched to a feed specifically for ducks. A week later, he's his usual super-energetic, running all over the place self.
It’s crazy he doesn’t sit all the time he does move he kinda leans and stretches his head forward and walks low belly almost touching ground and doesn’t stand straight up l

Just kinda hunched over..

How old? Where did you acquire him? Is he your only duckling? What are you feeding him?
Today makes him 13 days old in my head that’s how long we have had him . We came home after school on a Thursday and the lil thing was in my driveway after it waddled through our yard and went up under our cars probably out of fear from all of the neighbors cats.. Feeding our lil one purine crumble but also taking a hammer n crushing it so he can eat it well enough.. just introduced him to yeast sprinkled onto it and also trying to get him to take the liquid b but he doesn’t seem to like it I tried soaking his meal worms in it since he loves the hem but he doesn’t even want to touch them

Ok guys so new question be looked but haven’t found an exact answer how much of the Eurex vitamin b complex am I supposed to put in my little ones water? He’s got a 1 quart water holder right now till he gets older then moves outside but I’m not finding the amount that’s needed to go in it .. need help if anyone knows the answer I know a lot say you can’t over dose but I don’t want to take a chance and even come close to a possibility since lil one is already got issues

Back
Top Bottom