Need your prayers... chick is lost **UPDATE**

astylishgirl

Animal Lover Supreme
10 Years
Apr 27, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
I don't know if this is the right place to post this... but I am so upset. One of my favorite chicks named Valencia went through the chain link and got into an enormous brier thicket. She did this around 8 at night. We went all through the patch getting completely scratched up and found her by her cheeping. After about 30 minutes or so, we got her to go back through the fence. There were so many trees and brambles, we couldn't get close to her in the thicket. Perfect for her... but hard for us to move more than a few inches!

We ran to the other side of the fence and before we get close to her, she went back through the fence. At this point it is getting dark and we can't hear her cheeping. And we can't see a thing. My husband is still out with a flashlight looking, but this area is HUGE. She is probably roosting at this point.

She is about a month or so old... maybe 6 weeks. I can't believe she fit through the chain link fence. She is not tiny at all. I guess she is more feathers than chicken!

We have the dogs put up and I plan to start looking at sunup again. The only problem is that if she won't go back through the fence, there is no catching her in the thicket. There is just no way.

She is the only chick that is blue and she was one of my very favorites. I am so scared that she will get eaten tonight or will just plain disappear.

It seems stupid to pray for a chicken... but if you feel ok about doing it... I would appreciate it!

Last edited:
fl.gif
I hope the lil' stinker is ok and she makes it back safely!

We all understand how you feel here at BYC. I'll say a prayer for you and the safety of your chick. Hope you find her...don't give up yet. Let us know how it turns out.

Hang in there!!!

It seems stupid to pray for a chicken... but if you feel ok about doing it... I would appreciate it!

Don't think it's stupid to pray for a chicken at all! God loves them too!
wink.png
Prayers for you and your chick.​

I just keep thinking of her out there so vulnerable. I am sure there are all kinds of predators that live in the thicket. And what if she wanders off??? There are 70 acres of this stuff.

We are going to put the chicks out tomorrow in a special fence this time and maybe she will hear them and come back.

I had taken pictures of her tonight so that maybe y'all could identify her... but now I can't bear to put them up.

She is my only blue/gray chick. Well, I do have a blue looking araucana, but Valencia was our prettiest chick.

I feel so stupid crying over a chick. But why is it always your favorite that gets lost or hurt???

Last edited:
Quote:
Don't think it's stupid to pray for a chicken at all! God loves them too!
wink.png
Prayers for you and your chick.

I don't think it stupid either! I'll pray for the safe return of your baby and that you can rest until she comes home. Sandy

Back
Top Bottom