Neighbor’s Chickens

Jan 4, 2022
Dallas, Georgia.
Over the course of the past 5 months, the neighbor’s roosters have integrated into my own flock. They stopped caring for the boys when their hens died, so I took up to feeding them and they’ve grown comfortable with me. They come over every day and stay until the last few minutes of daylight then go back to their owner’s yard. I don’t mind them and actually look forward to seeing them and worry when they're tardy! Since they’ve become an extension of my flock, I’d like to know what breed these two are. I’m thought they were game because they’re on the slim side, but considering how friendly they are, I’m now guessing the red one is a golden laced Wyandotte, but the white one I’m stumped. Any idea?

Attachments

• B903650D-3459-4EAC-87F3-BFA90740399B.jpeg
    B903650D-3459-4EAC-87F3-BFA90740399B.jpeg
    815.5 KB · Views: 14
Both are game fowl and apparently have worked out an acceptance towards one another. In my experience game roosters are the least human aggressive fowl.
Oh really? They’re not aggressive towards my roosters either. In fact when one of my boys is feeling the need to assert dominance, they run away. I wonder how they’re so friendly? 😮

Oh really? They’re not aggressive towards my roosters either. In fact when one of my boys is feeling the need to assert dominance, they run away.
I would imagine that they know they're the interlopers. They know they're entering into someone else's territory, so they're respecting the rules. But I'll bet that if one of your roosters turns his back, these guys will try to step in and woo a lady or two. Then things might shift a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom