New chicken mama here!

Cheeper Keeper

Chirping
Dec 10, 2023
Texas
Hi All! Newly hatched chicken mama here looking to learn and share with other fluffy butt lovers!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Brand new! After researching and planning for about 6 months we welcomed our 1st flock of 6 beautiful pullets about a month ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

6 pullets

(3) What breeds do you have?

French Cuckoo Marans, Whiting True Blue, and Whiting True Green.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love just sitting in the run with them and getting to know their personalities. I'll sit and watch them for an hour sometimes if I can get away with it lol. It's like meditation and so peaceful. They are still months from laying but I'm anxiously awaiting those first eggs!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I raise and compete in AKC conformation dogs shows with my Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm happily married. We are a blended family with his mine and ours, 2 girls and 2 boys, 2 have already grown and flown the coop and just our youngest is with us full time.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

Google of course! Every time I googled a chicken question while in the planning stages y'all came up and so naturally now that I have my new girls I had to join!

1702223058669.png

Back
Top Bottom