New chicken roosting issues

Cherilou

Chirping
Mar 9, 2020
Hi there! I have a small flock of three chickens that have been together for about four years. A friend of mine just gave me her six-year-old Chicken that she can no longer keep. They do OK by staying away from one another during the day, but they will simply not let her on the roost at night and are vicious. I have placed a cardboard divider up and put her on that one side And it has worked but obviously I cannot do this forever. Should I get a separate small Coop for her to roost in at night? Or should I use the bully blaster? Also, I was thinking of adding another chicken but don’t want to double my problems. Any advice is great. I read Penny’s plight and it did help.

Roost is 5 1/2 feet. Introduced the new chicken for two weeks ago. Left her in a portion of the run that was fenced off for a little over a week.

Also, I put a cardboard divider up four nights ago and each night she would go in the roost first, and I would move her over to the other side of the divider. Then the other hen would come in and no problems. However, I’ve realized now that was not a good option because we are not going to be home Until after dark and she will have to get up on the roost wherever she is.

Back
Top Bottom