New from Tennessee

PoindejeP

In the Brooder
Mar 18, 2021
We just got our first birds, 27 of them, Rhode Island White, Reds, and 5 Guinea hens. We just moved to our dream home on 50 acres in middle Tennessee, south of Nashville. We both still work in healthcare but expanding our "hobby farm" now. We've had 2 horses for several years now, dog, cat and lots of deer that are very comfortable hanging out in our yard. Luckily our daughter has a degree in animal science so she is helping us get started. She's also a realtor and found our home for us while I was actually sick and in ICU. It was a great perk having someone with her background as our realtor--considerations of what the land is good for, any changes we need to make, etc. I grew up in suburbs of New Jersey and Baltimore so lots to learn, but we are very excited. My husband is a former brick mason so he wants to go with concrete for the bottom of the coop--easier to keep clean, keep digging predators out. So we will be doing that this weekend since it is finally supposed to be sunny. I found this group just doing some research--I like to plan, my husband just wants to pick up a nail gun and start.

Welcome to BYC! This awesome community of poultry keepers and experts will be very excited to jump in and answer whatever questions you may have. 😊
D313C704-E8A2-4FA6-ACAE-F10FECEEB5E3.png

Back
Top Bottom