New Here in Northwest Iowa

IowaDude

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2024
Hello,

My name is Steven. My partner and I Brayden have started our first flock of 13 chickens.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our first chickens on May 18, 2024. I had chickens when I lived in New Hampshire in 2004 but haven't had them since. We just got our first tiny egg from on of the Turkens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 13.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Plymouth Rock (4)
Sapphire Gems (2)
Isa Browns (2)
Ameraucana (2)
Turkens (2)
Rooster (Breed unknown)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching them enjoy their daily lives. Eggs, eggs, eggs. Great pets.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Cooking, gardening, traveling, foodie, lego hobbiest.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 2 dogs [Anatolian Shephere/Great Pyrenes mix and a Husky/Lab mix] - 2 cats. Live on a 5 acre farm in NW Iowa.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was just searching for chicken information and stumbled on the site. I look forward to sharing our chicken raising experiences and getting help from the members.

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Steven. My partner and I Brayden have started our first flock of 13 chickens.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
We got our first chickens on May 18, 2024. I had chickens when I lived in New Hampshire in 2004 but haven't had them since. We just got our first tiny egg from on of the Turkens.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We have 13.

(3) What breeds do you have?

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Watching them enjoy their daily lives. Eggs, eggs, eggs. Great pets.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Cooking, gardening, traveling, foodie, lego hobbiest.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have 2 dogs [Anatolian Shephere/Great Pyrenes mix and a Husky/Lab mix] - 2 cats. Live on a 5 acre farm in NW Iowa.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
I was just searching for chicken information and stumbled on the site. I look forward to sharing our chicken raising experiences and getting help from the members.
Thanks for the introduction. Welcome to our Flock!

Back
Top Bottom