New Member from North Mississippi

Goldenbearcoach

Hatching
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
Hello
My name is Rob Glidewell and I am from Corinth,Ms. I have been raising chickens for about 35 years. I got my first chicks many years ago when my daddy took me to Memphis to Cardinal Hatchery and bought me a box of chicks. I have been hooked ever since. At the moment I have a mixed flock of Standard Old English Gamefowl with a few Brown Reds and Lemon Blues in the mix. I also have a few American Game Bantams. I have Pekin Ducks, Pea Fowl, Guineas. Toulose and African Geese. As well as dogs, cats, horses, donkeys, cows, and a cockatiel. I am a Baptist Pastor, School teacher and I also coach football,powerlifting, and track. I have 3 kids (1 at home) and my wife works as a vet tech at a local Vet. I like to read, watch movies and work out. I would love to find some show quality heritage breeds in large fowl and bantam. I have bred and shown OE bantams in the past and would like to start back with some barred rocks, dominiques, delawares, or Javas in the future. I hope to learn a lot from this group.

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

I love the speckled Sussex pattern!!! Do you show your birds? I would like to find some Speckled Sussex Bantams one day.

I haven't shown in years but have a young 12 week roo I'm keeping an eye on! You ought to come up for the Delta Fair show. There may be some SS bantams there. There is a guy in mid-TN who has them and may be at the show. Can't remember his name, but will try to track him down for your future reference!

When is the Delta Fair show? As a high school football coach I work on Saturdays during football season and as a pastor I naturally work every Sunday! HA!

Back
Top Bottom