New Member Intro

SteinHillFarmer

Hatching
Mar 31, 2024
Hello,
New member here. I started homesteading in July 2022. We started with a flock of 15 Barred Rocks and lost one to a predator. We then bought what we thought was 7more Barred Rock pullets. We ended up with Olive Eggers, three were roosters!

We decided to move from Suburban neighborhood to an 11acre property. We are slowly growing our farm. We have two dwarf Nigerian goats that we will hopefully breed. We also raise Cornish cross to provide meat for our family. We added our newest addition to the farm right after Christmas, an Australian shepherd we got as a puppy.

We are enjoying the home steading lifestyle, always something around the farm to keep us occupied. The chickens are fun, the hens have so many personalities. It has been fun to watch them grow from chicks to hens…as they go through all their stages especially the first time they started laying eggs and then their first molting.

I first came across this community when I was researching how to raise chickens and the breeds I wanted.

Back
Top Bottom