New Member (UK based)

View attachment 3779498What is most important for you?
If you start to like the chickens would you like them to be healthy and stay even after ten years when they stop laying (a string breed or barnyard mixes are perfect)?

Or would you rather have an egg each day from every chicken and make them soup chick after 3-4 years (laying hybrids are perfect).

Or would you like them to look astonishing and go for one or two ornamental breeds. Check out the chicken encyclopedia to make a few choices and see what is available in the within driving distance , search on the online markets. The encyclopaedia is in Dutch, I couldn't find one in English,
I'm just looking for something that's easier to keep for now as I'm just beginning, so a chicken without feathery feet/a non flighty type

Brahma also eat a lot, and a fully grown Brahma whilst friendly could intimidate the children due to its size?
I don't have any but my neighbor does and they are calm and sweet. That's what I hear about them too.

If you're looking for a smaller pet size for them, you might consider some silkies.

Back
Top Bottom