Dokadawaja

Chirping
Jun 26, 2024
We got our first chickens in 1985 when we bought a new house and the sellers did not take their chickens with them when they moved out. By the time those geriatric chickens died off, the flock had actually expanded as friends gave our young kids show chickens and took them to chicken shows. Then came 4-H. Kids are all grown and gone off with families of their own now but our chicken house is apparently well known as where chickens go to retire. 😀 Our last geriatric bird died several months ago and I miss her. Then I had the opportunity to buy 10 started pullets from a "Mystery Box" (originally 300 day old chicks of 60+ Varieties). It was supposed to be random which was fine but then he asked me questions about what breeds I liked best and I think tried to fulfill all my wishes. What a beautiful bunch of 8 week old chicks he brought me yesterday. Nice to see the chicken house full again and what fun to see young birds!

Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Congrats on your new flock! Sorry for your loss, :hugs senior birds definitely hold a special place in our hearts. Tough to lose them. 💔

Welcome to our community!
Thank you. It has been a very long time since we have owned any young chickens or even chickens young enough to lay more than an occasional egg. This new flock will be fun.

Back
Top Bottom