Sep 9, 2024
hello! My name is Tiffany i live on an island in Alaska. I am new to the chicken world (kind of I've had one chicken in the past in an apartment and i ended up giving her away after a while because well that was a dumb idea for a 21 year old who thought buying a cute chick was what i needed) anyways I started following a chicken group on facebook in march just thinking about getting maybe two chickens and within three days I ordered 3 frizzled easter eggers chicks + 1 free homestead helper from meyer hatchery. (One of the frizzles was replaced with a dark brahma) I got them in mid April. Which gave my boyfriend/baby daddy and I plenty of time to start building the coop and run with just material we already conveniently had around our property (ive never appreciated my mans hoarding the way i did when I realized we didn't have to buy much) back to the chicks..so a few days after ordering these 4 someone local happened to post on the community group on Facebook that they will be hatching straight run silkies literally 3 days after we would be getting ours in the mail so obviously I told her I would be interested in two. We raised them all together in a playpen in the house. My toddler loved it. But the chickens love their home outside forsure. We decided if one of the silkies ended up a rooster or both no matter what we will only keep one rooster and it will be the silkie (in hopes he would be nicer than the RIR) and someone happened to need one so we gave RIR A.K.A "lil red" away because one of the two silkies were infact a rooster he even crowed crazy early (10 weeks) to let us know. So then we were down to 5. But then the same person who sold us the silkie chickens offered me two 1 year old silkies for 10$ each. I got em. Now I've got 7. (Chicken math am I right?) Anyways we are currently introducing them it seems to be going ok only two of my old flock members seem to be chasing them around other than the rooster but he's just being horny not aggressive. Except he is getting a little ballsy with my toddler so we may be getting rid of him very soon.

Attachments

• 20240905_102643.jpg
    20240905_102643.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
  • 20240823_094432.jpg
    20240823_094432.jpg
    993.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240803_120509.jpg
    20240803_120509.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom